Monday, February 14, 2005

Sunday

I know why everything closes early on Sunday. What I don't know is why it's still going on. I mean no disrespect to anyone religious, but this whole not being open on Sunday thing is losing it's charm.
When I was smaller the mall closed at 4. Now it's 7. My parents remember a time when nothing was open. A buddy of mine lives in Massachusetts and says you can buy liquor on Sundays over there now and it was a fuss on the news. By the time my 11 year old niece is my age it won't matter. So why bother? There are people who work every day all day. Sunday Monday Friday.
Doesn't make a difference to them. I'm sure the Mon-Fri 9-5 people wouldn't care. My old bank is even open on Sundays.
I think everyone should just cut to the chase and leave everything open 24 hours a day.
Malls, banks, and for all those religious people, church. Why not?
Ok the whole point of this thing is that I really wanted Starbucks but they close at 9 on Sundays. Selfish? Yes. Important? Yes (hey coffee is important!).

1 Comments:

At 10:43 AM, Anonymous outofindiana@yahoo.com said...

for those who LOVE coffee i suggest http://www.lioncoffee.com this is what i mail order, it wakes you up and puts your sox on. for ya chi soxers

 

Post a Comment

<< Home