Friday, January 21, 2005

I hate this

I hate it when some people are just to lazy to do anything important. My niece has a birthday coming up and her family hasn't even sent out invitations. It's in 4 days. When asked what the little tike wants for the second time (again only FOUR DAYS AWAY) I am told to relax in a very stern voice. All this while they sit in their pj's at 6 o'clock in the evening eating ice cream. Well have a freaking nice time explaining to your kid why no one came because you can't get off your fat ass and do something!!!!!!!!! I am upset.
Don't get me wrong I am no Miss Gina Get to when it comes to projects but come on. This is stupid. The poor kid hasnt had a party in years because we live in Chicago and parties in the winter are limited to Chucky Cheese and in house things (which no one wants to do...but they are anyway).
I just hope to have more respect for my kids than "Yes you can have a party but I can't send out invites til 2 days before and sorry if no one comes". SHEEEEEEEESH. Sometimes I wish I had a guilty habit. One that didnt kill you (i.e. drugs, drinking, shopping) but that made you feel better (like meditating, therapy, herbal supplements). Well I guess it wouldnt be guilty then would it?
I often wonder if parent-hood will do crazy things to you. Do you suddenly have no free time, so when you do you would rather eat ice cream and watch the Drew Carey Show than plan your youngest birthday? What ever happened to having a child because of love and not because of resentment? And can you avoid it?????????????????????????

1 Comments:

At 12:24 AM, Blogger emily said...

I clearly had PMS this day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home